Thursday, November 5, 2015

Southern Hospitality

Last week I went to Charleston and Savannah for work - what beautiful cities!  The way the moss drips from the trees overhead reminds me of how I wilt during the oppressive humidity of summers in the South.  Thankfully we've moved past those days and last week it was a gorgeous 70* and sunny.  The buildings lining the side streets and alleys there remind me of every John Grisham novel I've read and I wonder if maybe I had attended law school in the South and saw how picturesque my office could be I might have actually practiced.  But then I remember that humidity issue, so probably not.  Maybe we'll just go back for a visit sometime!

I flew home on Thursday night and it took all of our willpower to not leave work early to check on the house on Friday!  We went on Saturday morning, when the workers are still there with their radios playing Mariachi bands and a paint-splattered microwave plugged into an extension cord sitting in the middle of the living room floor.  We found a lot of progress: paint, cabinets, fireplace, metal roof...  Unfortunately everything was still tarped from the paint so it's not pretty, but here are a couple of new photos:



We're expecting countertops to go in this week and what started as a hole in the ground is starting to look like a real home.  The inspection and appraisal have been scheduled, and we are set to close on December 11th!

No comments:

Post a Comment